Many of your users have complained about the complexity of your software product. As a very customer-oriented CEO (who isn’t?), you gather your team and ask them how to make the software more user friendly. Here are their suggestions.
10. We need a splash screen.
9. Shrink the fonts MORE so that we can put more contents at the top.
8. We’ll just put an “Under construction” sign.
7. Usability testing is not needed. I am a user, and I find it easy to use.
6. Well, they should read the F*CKING manual.
5. How can our customers be so stupid! It’s so obvious.
4. If you stop and think about how the interface works for a second, it makes complete sense.
3. We can use Ajax to fix that.
2. We need to start doing some usability tests before our launch next week.
1. Our software is intuitive and user-friendly.
— slightly modified version from Design of Sites